It’s been some time since I was last a student but have decided to jump in and explore some of the options that are currently available to develop and enhance photographic skills and abilities.
I am currently considering the following options:
- Option to create a customized program of study with opportunity for extended critique sessions with instructor
- e.g. http://www.santafeworkshops.com/resources/mentorships.php
- Field Based Workshops
- Excellent place to have 1:1 interaction with course instructor and receive a critical review of images
- http://www.digitallandscape.org/, http://paworkshops.net/
- On-Line Workshops
- Good alternate for those not able to attend field based workshops. Provides good access to instructors. Often limited interaction with instructors.
- e.g. http://www.betterphoto.com, http://www.ppsop.com
- Video Tutorials
- Good way to supplement workshop attendance and to learn at your own pace
- e.g. http://www.kelbytraining.com/
- Essential reference tools to support on going learning process
Updates on my experiences will follow in future blogs!
I am continuing to explore the coastline around my home and in particular to try different approaches to capturing what are all too familiar scenes. After trying out the obvious images from this view point I decided to try an image where I moved to exclude the obvious. From my initial edits this was the most successful of the series. I like the effect and will try more of this style in the coming weeks.